Description of JSC “TECHSNABEXPORT” Core Business
The Company exports Russian uranium enrichment services and enriched uranium products to the foreign markets of reactors of the western design.
The major areas of JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" operations include:
- foreign supplies of the products and services manufactured by the Russian nuclear fuel cycle enterprises (for more information see JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" position in the world market, Chapter Results of activities in the reporting period);
- executing a set of contracts under the HEU-LEU Agreement (for more information see Subsection Fulfilling obligations under the HEU-LEU agreement);
- implementing engineering projects (for more information see Subsection Implementation of engineering projects).
JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" major operations
The Basic Principles of the Company's Operations are the Following:
- contributing the global sustainable development;
- supporting and strengthening public trust in the nuclear energy;
- preventing illegal practice of handling nuclear materials;
- improving the transparency of all the activities related to the peaceful use of atomic energy;
- supporting environmental, social and regional programmes, informing the public on the protection of the environment and the population;
- facilitating wide-scale information exchange in energy resources and future development areas.
Declarations and Charters Supported by the Company:
- World Nuclear Association (WNA) Charter of Ethics;
- World Nuclear Fuel Market (WNFM) Charter;
- Public Policy of the US Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI);
- Recommendations of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
Non-conformance with the specified standards on the principle level have not been found; all the amendments prescribed by the auditors have been made.
The Company's Existing and Proposed Management Systems and Standards
|DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 Quality management system||Implemented in 2008||Organisation and implementation of NFC products import and export. Project management of NFC facilities construction||In December 2011 a repeated certification audit was carried out|
|DIN EN ISO 14001:2009 Environmental Management System||Developed and implemented in JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" in 2009, certified in the 1st quarter 2010||Organisation and implementation of NFC products import and export||In December 2011 the second observation audit was carried out|
|ISO 28000 security management systems for the supply chain||Planned for implementation in 2011-2012||—||The preliminary audit of compliance with the standard was carried out in 2010. In 2011 the procedures required by the standard were developed and implemented. The certification is scheduled for 2012|
|ISO 27001 information Security management systems||The project was launched for developing, implementing and preparing for certification||—||—|
|AA1000SES Stakeholder engagement standard||Applied during preparation the 2010 annual report||Stakeholder engagement during the preparation of the Report||Compliance confirmed in 2011|
|GRI G3.1 2006 Guidelines||Applied in the 2010 annual report||—||Compliance with B+ level confirmed in 2011|
|OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Requirements||Planned for implementation||—||—|