Socially Important Aspects of JCS “TECHSNABEXPORT” Business
The Company's mission
JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" engages in foreign trade in the interest of the Russian nuclear industry with optimum use of its export potential and competitive advantages in the nuclear fuel cycle while strictly following the legal requirements as well as quality, security and social responsibility standards.
The public position on the socially important aspects of the Company's business, developed by the Company by the time of publishing the 2010 public annual report, has not been changed. According to the management of JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" and its key stakeholders the socially important aspects of the Company's business include:
- ensuring reliability of supplies of nuclear fuel cycle production;
- ensuring safe transportation of nuclear fuel cycle production;
- ensuring conformity of production and transportation processes to international standards;
- offering opportunities for learning and development to the Company's employees.
Responsibility for Reliability of NFC Production Supplies
40years in the global
Ensuring reliability of supplies of NFC production in full and on time is one of the top priority tasks of JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" that has been present in the world nuclear market for over
The Company has always fulfilled its liabilities and never missed a delivery deadline.
In order to ensure reliability of supplies JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT":
- improves sales infrastructure (Subsection Key instruments for achieving strategic objectives of JCS “TECHSNABEXPORT”);
- develops a risk management system (Chapter RISK MANAGEMENT);
- creates new marketing instruments (Subsection Development of international cooperation);
- implements international management systems (Chapters DESCRIPTION OF JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" CORE BUSINESS, QUALITY MANAGEMENT, SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY MANAGEMENT);
- develops equipment for the transportation of production (Chapter TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS SUPPORT);
- undertakes strategic planning of activities (Chapter STRATEGY);
- engages in long-term cooperation with transport companies (Chapter TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS SUPPORT);
- implements an internal export control programme (Subsection Licensing and customs support, internal export control programme).
On the picture: EUP transportation to the port
Responsibility for Safe Transportation of NFC Production
JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" works on ensuring nuclear and radiation safety in accordance with the Federal Service for Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Supervision (Rostekhnadzor) licence for handling nuclear materials during transportation and JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" environmental policy (Chapter ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT AND ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY).
As part of this commitment the Company maintains full control of:
- validity periods and relevancy of certificates and approvals of protective shipping packages (PSPs) used by the Company for deliveries;
- conformance of the conditions of transporting nuclear materials to the existing international and national norms and regulations and presence of the relevant Rostekhnadzor licences for the relevant types of activities at the companies that directly handle nuclear materials;
- suppliers/consignees of nuclear goods having dedicated plans for remediation of possible transport accidents.
Pursuant to the Russian Government decree as of 30 December 2003 № 794 'On the unified state system for preventing emergencies and emergency response' and relevant instructions of the State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM, a Provision on informational between JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" and the Situation and Crisis Center of ROSATOM has been developed and approved.
In order to improve the security of deliveries of the NFC production the Company is also implementing an integrated management process of ensuring supply chain security according to ISO 28000 standard "Supply chain security management systems" (for more information see Chapter SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY MANAGEMENT).
Responsibility for Conformity of Transportation Process to International Standards and Requirements
Production and delivery of NFC goods must comply with a wide range of requirements set by the international community to this type of activity.
On the one hand, JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" meets all of these requirements in its operations; on the other hand, it transmits these requirements and ensures that they are met my Russian NFC producers.
Along with strictly following export control requirements, JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" improves corporate management systems, organises the required audits, and monitors conformity of production process and end products to the international standards DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 and DIN EN ISO 14001:2009 (Chapters INNOVATION ACTIVITIES, QUALITY MANAGEMENT, SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY MANAGEMENT, subsection Environmental policy).
Responsibility for Learning and Development of the Personnel
Key competencies that are essential to JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" major operations are being shaped within the company.
JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" considers key competencies and support of professional development in its staff to be one of the most important aspects of its corporate social responsibility.
In order to provide a wide range of training and development, both personal and professional, for its employees, the Company uses a map of competences for every position, provides mentoring opportunities and cooperates with specialised educational institutions to hire their graduates on a competitive basis (for more information see SOCIAL POLICY AND HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT).