Support of Environmental Programmes and Projects
The Company provides support to environmental programmes and projects in the form of charity. The Company's charity programme is approved by the State Atomic Energy Corporation ROSATOM Charity board.
In the reporting year JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" provided financial support to:
- programme for research of Russia's endangered species and other important faunal forms;
- strategy for conservation of the Siberian tiger in the Far East;
- research and monitoring of the snow leopard population in South Siberia;
- research and monitoring on population of the Far Eastern leopard;
- research on white bears in Russian Arctic region.
The Company's Spending Dynamics on Environmental Charities, 2009-2011, RUR mln
During 2009-2011 JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" spending on environmental protection increased by 1.7 times. Total spending on support of environmental organisations and projects in 2011 equalled 246,076,000 roubles. The funds were transferred to the following organisations:
- International ecological public organisation GREENLIGHT;
- All-Russian Non-Governmental Organisation Russian Geographical Society;
- Autonomous non-profit organisation Center for facilitation of social and environmental initiatives in the atomic industry;
- Society for nature restoration and protection (SNRP Moscow);
- The Tokyo Electric Power Company, Incorporated (Fukushima NPP utility);
- Autonomous non-profit organisation Informational centre for nuclear industry;
- Non-Governmental Organisation "Ukrainian Chernobyl Union".
On the Picture: JSC "Techsnabexport" is Awarded by the Russian Geographical Society for Contribution in the Implementation of Conservation Programmes for Russia's Endangered Mammals
In 2011 JSC "TECHSNABEXPORT" received an honourary diploma from the All-Russian Non-Governmental Organisation Russian Geographical Society (RGS) "For invaluable contribution in the implementation of conservation programmes for Russia's endangered mammals conducted under the aegis of Russian Geographical Society".
According to the contract terms, charity recipients send the Reports on the usage of provided funds stating the measures that were taken and achieved results to the Company. Such procedures for developing and implementing charity programmes will be applied in the next reporting period.